It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:05 am


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:33 am 

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 16
well first i can't play anymore, because of thise crach on load game.

i am on lv37, and i suppose it is a reason why the crach occur: from around lv 15 the load game started to be pretty long, and now on lv37 not only that it is long but it also crach the game.
thats horrible for me according to all effort i puted on game so far :'(
(i use ubuntu 11.4 , and lostlaby 4.6.1)


would be wonderful if you could fix that :D


Exept that, here some bug i found, in case it help:

-> the magic unearth teasure crash the game.
-> there is no teasure, digging with shovel
-> don't know if it is a bug , but the magic "open" don't open silver chests anymore
-> ward agaisnt magic don't protect you as well as before: some magic can be casts and damage the player even if the magic ward have been casted with 15 power ( like fireball, iceball ,drain mana , drain life)
-> when the magic shield is activated, most of time monsters still deal 1 damage (don't know if its bug, but that strange.)
-> the fact that maximum spell cicle is 15 avoid us to learn level 13, 14 and 15 magics with scroll lore ( before it was possible to get highter spell circles)
-> may be i got unluky, but on a first game i didn't found any merchants between levels even if i had merchant skill ( i gone to lv 25)
-> Even with poison protection, i got poisoned from a poisoned square in a swamp
-> fire shield don't avoid all damages when walking on fire ( in fire levels for example)
-> also in fire levels there is no walls on sides ( the level has a path all around it, witch in fact is an invisible wall)
-> don't know exactly what is the bug about, but when i used blow away magic on a mirror monster (don't remember exact monster name) the monster stayed on place, and became invincible to all kind of damage ( magic , and fight), didn't tested blow away on others monsters after that.. heh
-> i don't mind, and i guess noone care, but when we select a game in the load list , it always show "level 1" even if at a level highter


some bothering stuffs
-> Arcane power become usless oce you got 15 magic power : witch is little bothering since it is a 3 CP capacity , i was expecting it gave power over 15
-> fire levels and frost levels is from my point messed up compared to before. no ice and red dragon anymore ( or almost) , well too easy, almost easyer than normal levels.
-> free magic don't allow us to get lower level magic than the curent spell circle anymore.
for a 4CP capacity it realy could allow that.
-> the petrify animation is very long
-> when we are in another windows than main windows (like merchant, or saving or inventory..) and right click to close the windows, if the cursor is over the active spells area at this time, it terminate some spells.
-> when you have certain amough of active spells you can't see them all, and can't see if some are about to be ended or already ended
-> there is a realy not fair ambush if you are a mage: not sure what is the monster name, but it is a kind or mage orc. those mage orc apear ( somtime 4 around you, if unlucky) and terminate all your spells or drain your mana, when there is more than one they eventualy do both , witch is game over for any spell caster caracters: no mana , no actives spells and no life: since it is a mage...


well gess that all i saw , thanks for listening.


EDIT: omg i forgot this one , witch is the more important: i can't live happy withought true ligh spell !!! :p
the true light spell give only one square sight , well it don't work... :(


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:03 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 am
Posts: 161
Location: Norway
A number of those issues will be fixed before the next release. I am afraid save games are not compatible between version updates.

I changed so that Arcane Power allows bonuses above the 15 Spell Power limit. (But this means casting a circle 15 spell with 15 spell power will give you an effective 30 spell power! So it will need some playtesting as well)

_________________
Lost Labyrinth Developer
Check out my other game: Egoboo


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 am
Posts: 161
Location: Norway
Quote:
-> the magic unearth teasure crash the game.

Fixed.

Quote:
-> there is no teasure, digging with shovel

Fixed.

Quote:
-> don't know if it is a bug , but the magic "open" don't open silver chests anymore

I think this is fixed.

Quote:
-> ward agaisnt magic don't protect you as well as before: some magic can be casts and damage the player even if the magic ward have been casted with 15 power ( like fireball, iceball ,drain mana , drain life)

Should give 25% + 5% per Spell Power (100% at Spell Power 15). May be some game logic is causing this to fail however.

Quote:
-> when the magic shield is activated, most of time monsters still deal 1 damage (don't know if its bug, but that strange.)

This is intentional. Monsters always have a small chance to deal at least 1 damage.

Quote:
-> the fact that maximum spell cicle is 15 avoid us to learn level 13, 14 and 15 magics with scroll lore ( before it was possible to get highter spell circles)

This is intentional. Scroll Lore was too powerful.

Quote:
-> may be i got unluky, but on a first game i didn't found any merchants between levels even if i had merchant skill ( i gone to lv 25)

This bug has been reported multiple times. It should be fixed in the next release.

Quote:
-> Even with poison protection, i got poisoned from a poisoned square in a swamp

Noted.

Quote:
-> fire shield don't avoid all damages when walking on fire ( in fire levels for example)

Noted.

Quote:
-> also in fire levels there is no walls on sides ( the level has a path all around it, witch in fact is an invisible wall)

Noted.

Quote:
-> don't know exactly what is the bug about, but when i used blow away magic on a mirror monster (don't remember exact monster name) the monster stayed on place, and became invincible to all kind of damage ( magic , and fight), didn't tested blow away on others monsters after that.. heh

Noted.

Quote:
-> i don't mind, and i guess noone care, but when we select a game in the load list , it always show "level 1" even if at a level highter

Noted.

Quote:
-> Arcane power become usless oce you got 15 magic power : witch is little bothering since it is a 3 CP capacity , i was expecting it gave power over 15

Read post above!

Quote:
-> fire levels and frost levels is from my point messed up compared to before. no ice and red dragon anymore ( or almost) , well too easy, almost easyer than normal levels.

Fixed.

Quote:
-> free magic don't allow us to get lower level magic than the curent spell circle anymore. for a 4CP capacity it realy could allow that.

I think this is intentional, but I am not sure.

Quote:
-> the petrify animation is very long

We have a new and improved petrify animation in the next release

Quote:
-> when we are in another windows than main windows (like merchant, or saving or inventory..) and right click to close the windows, if the cursor is over the active spells area at this time, it terminate some spells.

This is a small wait_release bug. It should not be too difficult to fix.

Quote:
-> when you have certain amough of active spells you can't see them all, and can't see if some are about to be ended or already ended

This has been reported before. We are working towards a solution.

Code:
-> there is a realy not fair ambush if you are a mage:  not sure what is the monster name, but it is a kind or mage orc. those mage orc apear ( somtime 4 around you, if unlucky) and terminate all your spells or drain your mana, when there is more than one they eventualy do both , witch is game over for any spell caster caracters: no mana , no actives spells and no life: since it is a mage...

Guess you got unlucky :P There are many ways to defend against this. Perception, Awareness skill, Song of Lonliness, etc. (even Magic Resistance)

Quote:
omg i forgot this one , witch is the more important: i can't live happy withought true ligh spell !!! :p
the true light spell give only one square sight , well it don't work... :

Fixed.

----
Thanks for the great bug report btw. Keep them coming people :)

_________________
Lost Labyrinth Developer
Check out my other game: Egoboo


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:32 pm 

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 16
wow so fast reply and so fast fixing, thats great :D

Quote:
A number of those issues will be fixed before the next release. I am afraid save games are not compatible between version updates.


well for my save, i guess i will have to live with the fact it is lost :'(
so that in next game i could eventualy do it withought unlucky capacity with is far more disavantaging than i expected: i mean i didn't saw it blok max luck to 5...


Quote:
I changed so that Arcane Power allows bonuses above the 15 Spell Power limit. (But this means casting a circle 15 spell with 15 spell power will give you an effective 30 spell power! So it will need some playtesting as well)


yea i see, i imagine some spells could become realy overpowered...


Quote:
Quote:
-> when you have certain amough of active spells you can't see them all, and can't see if some are about to be ended or already ended


This has been reported before. We are working towards a solution.


we may could have a scroll bar.
or a 2 or even 3 colon list, with only icons of spells ( not the name) and the time remaining then the name would be showing in an infobule.


Quote:
Quote:
-> there is a realy not fair ambush if you are a mage: not sure what is the monster name, but it is a kind or mage orc. those mage orc apear ( somtime 4 around you, if unlucky) and terminate all your spells or drain your mana, when there is more than one they eventualy do both , witch is game over for any spell caster caracters: no mana , no actives spells and no life: since it is a mage...


Guess you got unlucky :P There are many ways to defend against this. Perception, Awareness skill, Song of Lonliness, etc. (even Magic Resistance)


i mean in begining of game lv1 to 10, when you don't have enough mana to cast many spells ( exept shield and light), i got killed like 5 time because of those :(
but the beging of game is realy hard for the capacy set i choosed anyway, so i suppose it is normal



thanks a lot for the fast reply again, your gyes are awesome :D


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:30 am
Posts: 232
We are hunting down the last bugs before next release. Most of the bugs you reported are already solved by now.
What will not be in the next release will be the scrollable list of active spells.
I added it to our bugtracker as it is a must have.

Right now we are hunting down the bug why load game is not working on bigger levels as this is a real gamebreaker.
Then after the release we will need all your help again to find out all remaining bugs.
Game is too compex to find them all ourselves.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:47 pm 

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 16
ok no problem, i like this game, and posting a buglist is just a mater of some min, so :)

i think the game i very good the way it is anyways, the scroollist would be just for bonus if you will , and the bugs are not that important... ( exept the crach on load was )


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:53 am 

Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:07 am
Posts: 16
v 1.6.2 still crash on load :(

and it crash now on a save witch is at level 8 :s

also i noticed a bug the little time i played: after entering a shop, or a trainer, the mouse pointer start bugging: it don't allow you to select target for a speel with mouse, clicking doing nothing and have to use keyboard or restart the game to make it fine again


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 am 
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:30 am
Posts: 232
Just played a game down to level 8 and could save and load later in every level.
Strange.

have to check the trainers.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:36 am 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 am
Posts: 161
Location: Norway
Could be it is a specific room that is causing the problem.

_________________
Lost Labyrinth Developer
Check out my other game: Egoboo


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: bugs i found + CRACH ON LOAD !!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 270
on the mouse pointer issue: Do you play full screen or windowed mode?
The modes use totally different routines for reading mouse.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
GuildWarsAlliance Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net
Guild Wars™ is a trademark of NCsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.