It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 am

Post subject: [FIXED] hey :) (large bug report)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:53 pm 

This new version is realy cool, so much spells images and all the little things like music at begin of levels, realy create ... idk but something more enjoyable

Anyways, as i promised i have to make my bug report :)

-----> Crash appened <----

- when trying to give a potion to a wonded hero ( sry didn't noted the line and file :( )

- when trying to genocide a monster from genocide scrool it appen after i selected the monster , and cnfirmed: it show me the list of monster (witch is empty) and when i say ok , crash {magic.pbi line169} (i tryed on those red djinn and on an other randoom ennemy that i dont remember witch one :s)

- when i use the new object to copy scrools, (calligraphy or something) : Tryed on a genocide scrool and crash :( {pick_inventory.pbi line 202}

- one time when i cliked on inventory or map , i am not sure ... well a hard to find segm fault i fear: it appened only one time and idk what unusual thing i did before :( {show_body.pbi line 573}

----> Others bugs <----

- Mortar of alchemy make things horrible, it became the most cursed object in the game :'(
when you try to make potions it does nothing, and a while after that, you realise that for each potions you tryed to make this way, it complely stuck a room in the inventory (arg stuked 3 room this way :'( :'( )
well it is like an invisible object witch can't be selected or anyhing , but that a monster can steal you ( only way i found to get ride of it )

- gost in a bottle, can't be used , hmm, i don't realy know actualy, because i can't remember what it it suposed to do, but when i use it , it say me that i need to use it on bone, when i use it on bones it say me to use it on nexus, and when i try on nexus it say me to use it on bone :s ...

----> Minor bug and/or others littles things <----

- Telekinesis don't work on silver chest ( i only tryed with tunnel, but i supose it don't work also without)

- if the game crash, and you restore it ( with this new awesome thing you did, didn't even know it was possible to do something like that) and then the game broke again, the proposition to restore it is not showed.
It looks like only a forgetting, thats why i mention it.

- Found only opals and moon stones in chests (no black gems :( or others ) can't be sure but i think that before we used to find some.

- Same for potions, only found "bad" potions , and most of the time the sames ones ( cat sharp, fly and one or 2 others)

- when you use keyboard to move and when a trap is revelated , it is almost imposible to avoid it exept if you realy concentrate on that, would be nice if we had to keyup and key down again before moving.

- Ropes seem to break all the times.

----> Liittles Suggestions if i may :$ <----

- After a certain level, there is realy too much mimic, i don't say the game have to be more easy, but it is something that is not enjoyable, may be simply put less chest or something, but finding mimic on 70% of the chests is like irritating :(

- Using one turn to use an item, is not cool :( especialy for mushroom or littles items, i miss the time when we could be safe in the inventory ...

- i miss also the bonus inventory rooms for hotkeys :p

- Could be fun a day , to have a crafting grill like in minecraft :)
with new items ( raw materials) and all :p

- Those big dragons in rooms ... i don't even know what they are doing actualy, 2 "Starfire" and they dye withough doing anything :s , those red djinn are more a problem (for a magician, idk for a fighter) than those dragon :(.

Well, guess that all, exept the mortar of alchemy, not much issues realy :D , and if i make the list of all the cool new things i apreciated, it will be far more long :p
Plus the fact you already corrected all the old bugs: realy awesome !!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: hey :)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:40 pm 

Great to have some feedback! :)

Quote:
- when trying to give a potion to a wonded hero ( sry didn't noted the line and file )

Fixed.

Quote:
- when trying to genocide a monster from genocide scrool it appen after i selected the monster , and cnfirmed: it show me the list of monster (witch is empty) and when i say ok , crash {magic.pbi line169} (i tryed on those red djinn and on an other randoom ennemy that i dont remember witch one :s)

Fixed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:47 pm 
Site Admin

The mortar of alchemy bug sounds horrible.
But as always we will try to fix all reported issues for next version.

ropes always break now. thats wanted. as a rope stays where is was used.
(Sorry for trying to make an abstract roguelike more realistical :lol: )
We implemented a new item thats called magic rope which one can use many times.

The change in inventory was a big one we know.
For next version the speed system will be changed. So using an item will only cost movement points and not necessarily the whole turn. Same for attacking and maybe even spellcasting.
I saw you had movement 30 when you finished the game :)

Thanks for reporting!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:11 pm 

Quote:
- After a certain level, there is realy too much mimic, i don't say the game have to be more easy, but it is something that is not enjoyable, may be simply put less chest or something, but finding mimic on 70% of the chests is like irritating

Reduced the amount of mimics to be 1 in 5 chests.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 am 

Quote:
- Mortar of alchemy make things horrible [..]

fixed
Quote:
Telekinesis don't work on silver chest

fixed
Quote:
when you use keyboard to move and when a trap is revelated , it is almost imposible to avoid it exept if you realy concentrate on that, would be nice if we had to keyup and key down again before moving.

Game already requires you to release the arrow key and press it again to march on a trap.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:01 am 

hehe you are fixing bug as easy as if was orthograph faults , nice :p

Quote:
Game already requires you to release the arrow key and press it again to march on a trap.
it don't work for me :( i had 90% find trap , and i could't avoid any :s
it reinit the reapeat key first delay i suppose, and i have a little more time to react , but still it wasn't enough when you think about others things.

Quote:
Reduced the amount of mimics to be 1 in 5 chests.
haha awesome, thanks !!!

Quote:
ropes always break now. thats wanted.
arg it was what i feared, well you are right it is more logic, but it realy make the game more hard, i remember in v3.4 that i used a rope to do the 50 last level hehe.
well at leat the climb down capacity become far more interesting :)
Quote:
We implemented a new item thats called magic rope which one can use many times.
yea a rope from magic is one of the only thing we can't do with magic :p
Quote:
For next version the speed system will be changed. So using an item will only cost movement points and not necessarily the whole turn. Same for attacking and maybe even spellcasting.
:o yea, never though about something like that, but it sound far more logic :D
Quote:
I saw you had movement 30 when you finished the game
yea the new swifness capacity is so cool, it is some of the things i realy apreciaded :p
When you use magic you are happy that your spells don't go away too fast , even if at the end i had made so much "extend" that it wasn't a pb :)

Quote:
Great to have some feedback!
your guys are so cool, that it is realy a pleasure :)
btw i think that most of peoples who play that game don't even know about this website.
i suppose that, because i known this game from fedora linux . At the time, it was in the list of software library , so that i didn't had to go on website to download it.
The issue could be to make them comme here with a direct link to highscore page, this high score page also realy change the game if you know about it: realy motivating, great idea you had !
May be even envisaging to remove the outline highscore: idk if most people care about this one, (personnaly i don't) , and replace it with a link to the website.
Also, it would be great to see that game in the ubuntu library sofware: i mean this game is nearly the best game you can find on linux, and idk how it work , but if you can make ubuntu put it in the library software you will surely have lots of more players ...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:27 am 

Quote:
yea a rope from magic is one of the only thing we can't do with magic :p

Not directly , but featherfall (air magic) does provide mage version of rope.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 am 

Quote:
Not directly , but featherfall (air magic) does provide mage version of rope.

oO i didn't know that, i though this one was for not being hurted by ground trap peak.
good to know , it would have save me lots of time shearching a way to exits in some levels.
btw i dont know if you changed the labyrinth create script but i found it lot of harder to find exit sometime, especialy in swamps where there is no doors.
It is very funny at lv 30 but at lv 140 it is like a curse to find a swamp lol (thankfully i had a rope :) )

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:50 am 

Yes the labyrinth algorithm is harder than before ("smarter" because it places the exit at a more difficult place).

There are numerous ways of finding the exit though. Spelunker, Cartography and the Talk With Animals spell all reveal where the exit is. (Crystal ball and Starsight also works).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:08 pm 

yea i used starsight, and talk with animal (because sometime even with starsight it is realy hard to find the exit)
talk with animal, is not easy to make it work btw, i don't realy know on what depend the chance of succcess .

And starsight at a certain point is mainly good to localise the exit, but establish and remember the path on a lv100 or more is kinda impossible, and since the labyrinth is realy a labirynth :p it mean sometime long way to go at the exit , even if you know where is it.

Thankfully there is portal, and also those dimentional swap wands work well with tunnel :)
well i am happy the way is it anyways :)
it is not easy but realy good from my point.

OfflineProfile