It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Post subject: Re: hey :)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:16 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
btw i think that most of peoples who play that game don't even know about this website.
i suppose that, because i known this game from fedora linux . At the time, it was in the list of software library , so that i didn't had to go on website to download it.
The issue could be to make them comme here with a direct link to highscore page, this high score page also realy change the game if you know about it: realy motivating, great idea you had !
May be even envisaging to remove the outline highscore: idk if most people care about this one, (personnaly i don't) , and replace it with a link to the website.
Also, it would be great to see that game in the ubuntu library sofware: i mean this game is nearly the best game you can find on linux, and idk how it work , but if you can make ubuntu put it in the library software you will surely have lots of more players ...

At least we display the page in the title page of the game.
But I think you are right that a lot of people do not checkout the homepage at all. As laby is on a lot of download pages as well.
So for next version we will display the page again when somebody scores a highscore.

We tried to get into the ubuntu repo but its not possible. Because we have the permission to use all the graphics and sounds for the game. But its not possible to convince the artists to put their art under a free licence. Means where changes are possible.
I tried that for a very long time but gave up at a certain point.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:36 pm 

arg thats too bad, well even if i never understood how it was possible to put a license on a little image, on the moral point i can see, but on the law point it is kinda impossible to proof an image have been modified, and not just inspired a new one from...

anyways, i get it, no way for ubuntu :(
what about making a flash version of it, and putting it in some flash website...
well thats seem very hard and long so may be latter, a day, but that could improve the famous of the game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 pm 

Quote:
Game already requires you to release the arrow key and press it again to march on a trap.

Just checked. You are correct. It no longer does. :( this seems to got broken by something. :oops:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
what about making a flash version of it, and putting it in some flash website...
well thats seem very hard and long so may be latter, a day, but that could improve the famous of the game.

If we would start anew we would surely program the game for html5.
But there are already 7 years of development in this game.
So we do not really want to start all over.
We are on the best way to get a massive muliplayer version working. So we better aim for that than to reprogram everything.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:33 pm 

Quote:
If we would start anew we would surely program the game for html5.
But there are already 7 years of development in this game.
So we do not really want to start all over.
We are on the best way to get a massive muliplayer version working. So we better aim for that than to reprogram everything.
Ok sry was stupid question :$
it is just that is a shame this game isn't more famous, since it is so good.

Anyway i forget this bug: well idk if it is a bug or if it is me who messed up. but at the end i missed one part of the staff to finish the game ( i didn't intended to finish the game like that anyway but well) , the stange is that i got the last part of the staff and missed one anyways. now may be it is me who missed a chest after a room... but can't be sure now, or may be it is intended that you have too goo in every rooms , and i missed one... idk

Quote:
Just checked. You are correct. It no longer does. :( this seems to got broken by something. :oops:
yea i tested in a traps room (in a new game) too be sure, in fact there is no way to avoid traps, even if you are fast, it reveal the trap and then immediatly go like a lemming in it heh, well even if you touch nothing he want to die lol

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:28 pm 

Quote:
now may be it is me who missed a chest after a room... but can't be sure now, or may be it is intended that you have too goo in every rooms , and i missed one...

Well, as each staff piece is in a room, you have to check each room if you want to make sure not to miss one.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:02 pm 

Quote:
Well, as each staff piece is in a room, you have to check each room if you want to make sure not to miss one.

ok no bug here then, it is fairly probable hat i missed a room .. just though it was different.

OfflineProfile