It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:48 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: [FIXED] Poison not working
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:27 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Italy
I take the poison weakness trait.. but receive instead 0 damage from poison.

Another bug I found is when trying to craft magical weapons with gems, but I've read you solved it.

Last, weapons break too often. No problem taking the craftman trait, but it still becomes annoying and tedious to repair them every other battle.

_________________
I'll be back! Khe-he-he!!
Grunz wrote:
The Laby's challenges are: water, food, light, monsters, traps. If there is one thing on the list your built can't handle, then you surely won't survive the Labyrinth.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:34 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 270
Quote:
I take the poison weakness trait.. but receive instead 0 damage from poison.
Strange, I can't confirm this. I get poisoned just normal and receive damage each turn. Do you mean poison breath attacks?
Quote:
Another bug I found is when trying to craft magical weapons with gems, but I've read you solved it.
Only some gems(effects) are affected I think.
Quote:
Last, weapons break too often. No problem taking the craftman trait, but it still becomes annoying and tedious to repair them every other battle.
No need to keep weapon endurance at maximum all the time. Only if it's attributes get down. Main reason for damaged weapons are fumbles, so a mastery skill does help immensely by preventing these. Also increasing luck will help reduce fumble rate. (edit: Looking at your skill selection from the scores I see the "unlucky" flaw. This does cause an above average fumble rate for you.) Normal tear and wear is not so bad: With mastery skill I killed 99 monsters and went down to level 7 without requiring repair.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Italy
Poison:
I discovered this could be because I took the toughness trait. I like the way it is now.

Crafting:
I tried several times but the games always crashed.. which gem-weapon combinations are currently working?

Weapon damaging:
Then no problem!

Some other things:

1- a "repair all" shortkey would be nice
2- amulet of slow digestion doesn't work with the gluttony trait
3- I suspect ring of the fairy queen (+30 resistance to magic) doesn't work with the magic weakness trait then.. am I right? if not, what's the effect? how much damage inflicts a 10 damage bolt to a magic weakness + ring of the fairy queen character?
4- game always crashes when I give a healing potion to the wounded guy
5- golden poleaxe breaks more often than the bloody one.. possible?
6- my last game my character was converted in a black square.. instadeath. is this pietrification?
7- do mulitplying monsters (like rats, slimes, spiders..) give food (for hunters) and maxhps (for god of war)?

_________________
I'll be back! Khe-he-he!!
Grunz wrote:
The Laby's challenges are: water, food, light, monsters, traps. If there is one thing on the list your built can't handle, then you surely won't survive the Labyrinth.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:29 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 270
Quote:
Poison:
I discovered this could be because I took the toughness trait. I like the way it is now.
Yea, toughness rounding down damage is very effective with poison. Could be we may nerf that away as it provides better poison protection than the "poison protection" skill itself :shock: . Have to check if it will also nullify hunger and thirst that way even.
Quote:
Crafting:
I tried several times but the games always crashed.. which gem-weapon combinations are currently working?
I had tested this with the weapon I got from sword mastery and a tiger eye (exploding effect)
Quote:
1- a "repair all" shortkey would be nice
2- amulet of slow digestion doesn't work with the gluttony trait
3- I suspect ring of the fairy queen (+30 resistance to magic) doesn't work with the magic weakness trait then.. am I right? if not, what's the effect? how much damage inflicts a 10 damage bolt to a magic weakness + ring of the fairy queen character?
4- game always crashes when I give a healing potion to the wounded guy
5- golden poleaxe breaks more often than the bloody one.. possible?
6- my last game my character was converted in a black square.. instadeath. is this pietrification?
7- do mulitplying monsters (like rats, slimes, spiders..) give food (for hunters) and maxhps (for god of war)?

1. yes, that could be included into the "skill activation" screen.
2. afair , it does slow digestion still, but not enough to nullify gluttony.
3. It does work. poison/magic weakness characters simply start with a resistance of -100% instead of 0%. With +30 from a ring you'd then have -70% making you take 1.7 times the normal damage instead of 2.0 times. You can check your resistances on page 2 of the character data screen.
4. drat! I thought that had been fixed. :? You sure you use the 4.7.1 ? :P
5. possible, if the weapon has less endurance.
6. only if the petrification animation is broken for you. Otherwise it would be your character turning grey. Maybe we should mention what you died from on the "You are dead" screen.
7. Spawns from multiplying monsters never drop anything. The Gods of War and Death still work. (We might change that though)


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:24 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 pm
Posts: 59
Location: Italy
Yes, toughness is very effective against poison. With it you only take damages with high concentrations of poison.
No, it doesn't nullify thirst and starvation.

2- it does.. with gluttony, every turn the hunger level goes up by 2 points, no matter if you wear the amulet or not

4- yes, 4.7.1

6- I agree, this could be useful

7- good decision, it prevents farming; I don't know if I'd do the same with god of war/death

Thank you for this game! ;)

_________________
I'll be back! Khe-he-he!!
Grunz wrote:
The Laby's challenges are: water, food, light, monsters, traps. If there is one thing on the list your built can't handle, then you surely won't survive the Labyrinth.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:19 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:38 am
Posts: 161
Location: Norway
Toughness should not reduce damage from Inner Poison (only initial poison damage). This is a bug.

_________________
Lost Labyrinth Developer
Check out my other game: Egoboo


Top
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Poison not working
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:48 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 am
Posts: 270
Grunz wrote:
Only some gems(effects) are affected I think.
Looks like that is wrong.
The real problem are empty inventory slots causing NULL pointer problems. So you CAN craft as you like, as long as you have no empty item slots before the ingredients. :roll: Slot order is left to right and top to bottom, like English texts.


Top
 OfflineProfile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
GuildWarsAlliance Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net
Guild Wars™ is a trademark of NCsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.