It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:58 am

Post subject: [FIXED] BUG - CRUSH IN READING MAGIC LIST
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:53 pm 

i think there's something wrong with the magic data file.
my hero take the Free Magic skill, when he leveled up and increased his Magic Circle to 14 the system gave me a magic list with all lvl 14 spells, then i moved the mouse to see the Durid Magic "Pestilence", the game crushed and told me there's a checksum error in XX line of a file.
no matter i reload the game or re-download the game, the problem still.

version: 4.8.2(32bit windows)
OS: 32bit windows (the game insist my os is 64bit windows)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: BUG - CRUSH IN READING MAGIC LIST
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:56 pm 

Could you check if looking at this spell in the spell compendium does make the game crash too? I would also help, if we had the exact error info: Which file, which line number?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:30 pm 

maybe i can send you the picture.
it goes out at random when i go to the new list of Free Magic, sometimes in the Spell Compendium. and sometimes when Circle 15 or 9 or 11 and so on. but when the game crush like this, before i restart my computer, no matter i re-run or even re-install the game, the problem still.

Attachments:
crush.JPG
crush.JPG [ 30.43 KiB | Viewed 14171 times ]
 OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:11 pm 

This bug in happening with spells that have a limit on the number of times it can be cast each level. Will be fixed with the next release.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: [FIXED] BUG - CRUSH IN READING MAGIC LIST
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:41 pm 

since the new version is not available yet, i found more detail of the problem.
some spells in laby has a max casting chance (please allow me to use "limited spells" to call them below).
all spells which crush the game are limited spells and they have 1 point in common: all have a "max casting times" and the max casting times is "-1" when we search it in the main manu, and, when we serach in a hero's turn, the max casting times become "1*".
can anyone tell me what do they mean? there may be a temp solution for current version because as i remember, last time when the game crushed, i spent turns to do something before i still leveled up to view the spell list and finally may the game not crushed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:23 pm 

cast limit1* (or -1) means it has a global spell limit. This means in a multiplayer game and the spell is cast, other players can no longer cast it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:51 am 

it seemed globle limit spell cause this problem when hero2 reading it, and not for hero1.
they are:
Protal(lv6 Earth Magic)
Pestilence(lv14 Druid Magic)
Nexus(lv15 High Magic)
unfortunately, if hero2 does not take "No Basic Magic" flaw(this makes basic magics Not listed at first of the new free spell list), Portal and Nexus will be the first place(default focus) of the list when you see them. this make the game collapse.

one of the resolution is, use the keyboard to move your focus to "Circle", not mouse, before you press enter to apply the level up, move your mouse to the place where the spell list is going to show. then press enter, the focus immediately become the spell your mouse on, now you can choose the spells you like.

because of the problem hero2 can't use globle limit spells at current version. but there still a way for him to use them. first, he must learn them, by Scroll Lore or any other way. second, use Arcane Writing to write a scroll to use. using scroll also increase success rate of the magic, although this seemed very expensive.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:34 pm 

I have the same problem , with Portal and Armageddon , but I see there's problem with Pestilence and Nexus too. This bug disables any use of spells and skips turns so its a pain in the...so so so. There isn't problem in using the same spells in staffs by the way.

OfflineProfile