It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:12 pm

Post subject: Bugs in 5.0.0(Free Version)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:29 am 

Your default max dexterity is 10.
The skill 'Clumsy' to make your dexterity becomes 15.
It's a very good game and thank you for providing us this game.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Bugs in 5.0.0(Free Version)
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:40 pm 

Oh my, no wonder this is a popular "flaw"..
Fix will come in next release.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:49 am 

Thank you for your reply.
Here also some bugs.
If you have a flaw 'Unobservant', you can not use this Nexus when mushrooms and Nexus in the same place.
When you are sweeping attack many enemies with an Exploding Enchant Weapon in one round, this game has a great chance to crash.
the skill 'swift blade' will not let you can attack twice and 'whirling blades' let you can attack twice.
the spear provided by Weapon Focus: Polearms needs one hand, and the spear created by magic 'Eldritch Spear' needs two-hand.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:42 am 

I recall in 4.9.0 that Unobservant didn't prevent you from looting mushrooms, only from seeing them. Did this change in 5.0.0, or is this a bug related to the option to automatically pick up items?

There have been combat-related crash issues with several of the magical properties when I've played (Aura of Fire/Cold, Fire/Cold/Lightning damage, Explosive), but they come up so randomly that I can't really pinpoint what triggers it.

Quote:
the spear provided by Weapon Focus: Polearms needs one hand, and the spear created by magic 'Eldritch Spear' needs two-hand.

This is probably intended, spears can be 1-handed or 2-handed.

Quote:
Oh my, no wonder this is a popular "flaw"..
Fix will come in next release.

I can't catch em' all :cry:

Actually, I was using this flaw in my melee build, but I never intended to pump Dexterity and never noticed. Much as I'd like to go to 20 Dexterity, there just aren't enough skill points to have it all as a fighter...too many flaws that a mage can take safely that a fighter can't, and No Magic (+4) doesn't make up for it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:49 pm 

My guess is whirlwind combined with an exploding weapon might try to access monsters that are already gone due to the explosion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:38 pm 

Fixed the problem with unobservant.
Also fixed crashes from exploding weapon / whirlwind combo.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:18 pm 

Hallo,
* Schaden von Waffen werden komisch angezeigt.

* Zu wenig Information wird über den magische Gegenständen, Tränken, Pilzen gelifert. In Verkaufsfenster kann man nicht verstehen, was der eine oder andere Ring für eine Vorteil bringt. Die Wirkungen von Tränken & Pilzen wird durch Icons angezegt, was nicht schlecht ist, aber nicht ausreichende Infos mit sich bringt.

* Durch benutzung des Öls wurde Aussehen von meine Char geändert.

? Die Mechanismus der Zauberlied "Lied des Lebens" ist unklar geworden. Soll man da +1 HP pro Runde bekommen?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Mage crashes
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:32 pm 

Every time now, when I start to play as a fire mage, every other creature killed crashes a game. Sometimes, this "curse" breaks after a few levels, sometimes it lasts even when I get the Sea of Flames. Due to the crash, the spell is unable to kill more than two monsters a time. I have experimented with death-triggered skills (God of death, Mercenary), but with no effect at all...

I have tried to kill with other elements too, but the game crashed anyways.

I also experience the weird numbers in the weapon Damage value...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 4:20 am 

Those weird damage numbers clearly show that there is something going wrong.
I will probably have to test that under Windows as I never encountered this kind of problem under Linux.
Same goes for crashes from spells.. I know I tested each and every spell: I printed a list and went though it. I hope I don't have to do that AGAIN :? for Windows.
Does it crash each time you kill more than one critter with a single spell? Or does it crash seemingly random and you "simply" had to restart after crashes a lot to even reach sea of flames level?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:27 am 

Easy. I doubt it is bug in some certain spell. I tried kill them with various spells, even the Arcane bolt.

It doesn't happen exclusively with the mass spells. The pattern is, that it crashes every time the second creature dies by a spell (they won't die in any other way, since I am clumsy pacifist). When I restart and recover it, I have my mana back, like the spell never happened, but the creature is dead (but rest of the monsters the spell should hit aren't).

The message is:
Invalid memory access
load_monsters.pbi line 718

It didn't happen the first time I have played this version, and sometimes, after a lot of recoveries, it fixes iself and the game works well until I restart it.

As I wrote, I tried to exclude the God of Death and mercenary. Funny thing is, that during the crash, GoD was never triggered (that could be just coincidence), but Mercenary always was (at least by sound).

I've already tried to delete and reunzip the game, but with no effec at all...

OfflineProfile