It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:19 pm

Post subject: Mouse mapping problem still exists
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:02 am 

I think this problem is at least since 4.xx, I am still having the same problem. I think it's a problem with DX window mode? Anyway, I have tried full screen option but I need to ALT+TAB out frequently, and then it is not possible to resume the game (window will not recover).

How I really want to play is maximizing the window in windowed mode. Depending on the boundary of mouse position, I can see the regular mouse cursor instead (and the game cursor); at this point I cannot click in the interface even if the buttons are showing I am hovering over them. The game coordinates are not mapping with the screen coordinates somehow. If I go to upper left corner of the screen, then it will seem to recover.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Mouse mapping problem still exists
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:33 pm 
Site Admin

What game version?
What Operating system?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:01 am 

I am using the 64-bit version in Windows 7. I think it may have to do with mouse position / mouse capture? The client area of default window size is 640x480, in this case the mouse cleanly exits the window and the problem doesn't happen. I am running 1280x1024 (single monitor) and the stretched (maximized) window becomes 1280x953 (approximately) since I have taskbar at the bottom of the screen. The in-game cursor moves faster across the screen relative to the native mouse cursor, I believe in the ratio of the default size to the stretched size, so that the cursor falls "outside" the window and reverts to the native cursor position, but in this state mouse input fails when the cursor returns to the client area of the game window, until the game manages to re-capture mouse input. Typically I have to move to the top of the screen and then back into the game to re-capture it, but it is not seamless.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:02 pm 

Yes, these problems come from the purebasic compiler and they will never fix this.
So only the re-written laby will get rid of this. :(
I can't alt-tab out of full screen either (Win7 64).
As you said already, windowed mode you need to move the mouse in and out of the window until you see only the game cursor.
Full screen stretched works best for me - I can alt-tab out, and mouse is fine.
Best work-around imo actually is using the keyboard instead - Lost Laby IS a roguelike after all.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 am 

Full screen stretched -- yes that does work perfectly to solve the problems, thank you!! Also the ALT key is now showing keyboard shortcuts more clearly so I can see there was one for the quickbar switch (F11/F12). I use the keyboard to move and cast, but prefer the mouse to select monster at range, but that is just me :mrgreen:

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:28 am 

If you like mousing, then I'd like to point out that you can assign a quick slot action to the right mouse button. To do that, you simply right click the slot and it will get a cyan coloured frame. Then you can right click on a tile to use the ability with that tile selected. Works great with archery for example.

OfflineProfile