It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Post subject: same staff pieces; multi ???? rooms; hydrafreeze; savefreeze
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 am 

#1 "same staff pieces"
No matter how many pieces of the staff of the last convenant I found, they're all described as "part: 1". Using them, only 1 pieces appear at the left of the @ equipment image (the 9 empty squares row). Is this normal?

#2 "multi ???? rooms"
See attached image.
More than one ???? rooms are generated on the same level. This leads to 3 problems:
a) only one "resolves"; the other 2 keep being full of ???? - sometimes they're accessible, sometimes they're not
b) in case they're not, some important places of the dungeon (eg: stairs) could become unaccessable
c) in the case the generated room is a "you found a piece of the staff of the last covenant!", then the @ can take it then touch the ??? of another room and a new piece of staff will be generated; this could obviously be exploited to get as many staff pieces a @ wants to get incredibly rich

#3 "hydrafreeze"
Entering a ???? that would lead to the 9 headed hydra room, I am sent there but then, after I make a step and then another one to attack the hydra, the program (and sometimes the pc) freeze.
I have a save file for this, in case you need it I can upload it.
Is this the last monster of the game? Because in this case please note that this freezing hydra has been generated via multiple same-staff pieces (see previous errors).

#4 "savefreeze"
This happened only once but was nasty; I tried to save a game (overwriting a previous save of another game), and then everything freezed, and I was unable to alt+f4, ctrl+alt+canc, alt+tab, etc. I had to left home so I decided to leave the pc on (I had downloads in process and stuff), but when I came back there were lots of "insufficient memory" errors; the .laby folder became so big that occupied all the 67 GB of free space left! so I had to restart, delete it, restart again and hope the best.

Attachments:
what.jpg
what.jpg [ 63.62 KiB | Viewed 4102 times ]

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: same staff pieces; multi ???? rooms; hydrafreeze; savefreeze
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:37 pm 

Is known,see here:
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=65
A bugfix release will be coming soon.
We are in test phase now, checking if those bugfixes really worked.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:09 pm 

Ok; please check also #1, #3 and #4.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:54 pm 

#1 - #3 have the same cause: the messed up room list.
And yes #4, that's a really nasty one.
Only explanation I can think of, is one of the lists got chained to a loop, then game won't stop writing.
Now adding more and more rooms to the room list should still be no reason to create an endless loop. And we just use the built-in linked list functionality of PB. We don't handle the pointers manually aside from store and get procedures. So I have no idea how this happened.

OfflineProfile