It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:52 am

Post subject: Various annotations I took while playing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:46 pm 

1- often some kinds of food don't stack.. I usually notice it with purchased fruits; maybe fruits sold by different merchants are recognized to be different from themselves or from the ones found in the dungeon?

2- there are too many narrow corridors; a bit more of variety in the dungeon generator would be better in my opinion; more 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 rooms, 2 tiles wide corridors..

3- armor of cold resistance description says it gives fire resistance instead

4- curse of the leprechaun doesn't let you get paid when you sell items to merchants

5- (maybe I already said this) would be better if the exit tile was highlighted in the large map once you find it.. any adventurer would do this

6- mushrooms effects are very weak.. maybe they should be buffed a little

7- is the strenght loss permanent after drinking/eating a potion/shroom of weakness?

8- survivalism: description doesn't say it works with water, and also the flask of water description still says "60 a sip" instead 120

9- beer description doesn't include its thirst quenching

10- some conditions should be explained in the text box when passing the cursor over them (like cat shape, wolf shape..)

11- all potions effects should be explained/described

12- some items haven't a description of the special abilities when in the inventory, and some neither when in the merchant screen (like mortary of alchemy)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Various annotations I took while playing
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:42 am 

Quote:
7- is the strenght loss permanent after drinking/eating a potion/shroom of weakness?

No, they are temporary. We have thought about reworking the entire Mushroom/Herbalism system to make it more interesting! We are open for suggestions.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:45 am 
Site Admin

1. will be fixed
2. as the monsters do not move in laby the tunnels all have to be 1 field wide. rooms all have the same size that one does not know from the size which room it is.
3. will be fixed
4. will be fixed
5. I agree. this should be implemented
6. true. we have to come up with better mushroom effects. maybe make them permanent as you thought it was :D
7. zefz already aswered that
8. will be fixed
9. will be fixed
10. I already implemented that these spells get explained when one selects the spell in spellmenu. so this routine can easily be used to explain the active spell. so will be implemented.
11. will be implemented
12. we have to know which items. as ass of them should be explained. mortar will befixed.

thanks for reporting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:17 pm 

Very good.

Some more things/questions:

13- if you get the Unlucky trait and you find a luck trainer, the game crashes if you talk to him; I guess it's because there's no set price for a score of -2.

14- sometimes weak enemies like horned rats do huge damage like 30, 45.. why? maybe critical hits should be nerfed a little, it's very likely to be an instakiller

15- genocide scroll says "removes an entire monster race from the game". does this means it removes that race from the level? or from the game even after the spell is casted there will be no more enemies of the choosen type? in the first case the text should be changed

16- often I get the "money bag broken" message; what happens?

17- blue chests shouldn't contain oranges or trivial items!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:43 pm 

Quote:
15- genocide scroll says "removes an entire monster race from the game". does this means it removes that race from the level? or from the game even after the spell is casted there will be no more enemies of the choosen type? in the first case the text should be changed

Genocide completely eliminates a specific monster from the game. It should never appear again unless its by some special magic. If you genocide Goblin Warrior for example, they will never appear in ambushes any more or as random monsters.

Quote:
17- blue chests shouldn't contain oranges or trivial items!

I agree, but it seems this was implemented intentionally. This is how it currently works:
Normal Chest
Mundane Treasure: 100%
Rare Treasure: 0%

Blue Chest
Mundane Treasure: 50%
Rare Treasure: 50%

Green Chest
Mundane Treasure: 0%
Rare Treasure: 100%

Since oranges and other fruit is "mundane", they have a chance to appear in blue chests. Maybe we might need to add another level of treasure?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 pm 

Great, I hate those goblins.

Yes, uncommon items (things costing like 100-200).. I'd make it possible for rare stuff to appear even on brown chests.
Something like this:
Brown
80% mundane
15& uncommon
5% rare
Blue
80% uncommon
20% rare
Green
100% rare
.. Just my taste.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:08 pm 

I agree, I will change how it works for the next release.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:30 pm 
Site Admin

Chests will change in the future as we will implement multi-item for them.
so a normal chest can probably have up to 3 mundane items.
while a green one should have 1 magical and 2 mundane ones.

for normal chests it should be extremely unlikely that they contain anything magical. because they appear a lot in the game.
and there are really powerful magical items out there.
maybe 99%percent mundane and 1% change to get something else?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:38 pm 

Yes, 1% is still ok, I think it's nice to know that - even if very unlikely - everything can be inside a chest.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:02 pm 

OK, so a little more on progress:

Quote:
1- often some kinds of food don't stack.. I usually notice it with purchased fruits; maybe fruits sold by different merchants are recognized to be different from themselves or from the ones found in the dungeon?

Food of the same type should always stack now. If not, then it's probably a bug somewhere.

Quote:
2- there are too many narrow corridors; a bit more of variety in the dungeon generator would be better in my opinion; more 2x2, 3x3, 4x4 rooms, 2 tiles wide corridors..

More dungeon and cave algorithms are in the works!

Quote:
3- armor of cold resistance description says it gives fire resistance instead

Solved.

Quote:
4- curse of the leprechaun doesn't let you get paid when you sell items to merchants

Solved.

Quote:
5- (maybe I already said this) would be better if the exit tile was highlighted in the large map once you find it.. any adventurer would do this

Work in progress.

Quote:
6- mushrooms effects are very weak.. maybe they should be buffed a little

The mushroom system has been reworked. You will encounter many more different and powerful mushrooms.

Quote:

Some of the new mushroom effects can now be permanent. It is clearly stated when this happens.

Quote:
8- survivalism: description doesn't say it works with water, and also the flask of water description still says "60 a sip" instead 120

Fixed.

Quote:
9- beer description doesn't include its thirst quenching

Fixed.

Quote:
10- some conditions should be explained in the text box when passing the cursor over them (like cat shape, wolf shape..)

Shapeshifting should be reworked a little to make a better generic system instead of handling each shape as a special case.

Quote:
11- all potions effects should be explained/described

Fixed. Also added a few additional potion effects.

Quote:
12- some items haven't a description of the special abilities when in the inventory, and some neither when in the merchant screen (like mortary of alchemy)

More stuff has proper item description now.

Quote:
13- if you get the Unlucky trait and you find a luck trainer, the game crashes if you talk to him; I guess it's because there's no set price for a score of -2.

Fixed.

Quote:
14- sometimes weak enemies like horned rats do huge damage like 30, 45.. why? maybe critical hits should be nerfed a little, it's very likely to be an instakiller

Haven't been able to confirm this yet. Could be some bug in the damage-dealing code or the basic combat system. Many monsters get rebalanced each release as well.

OfflineProfile