It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:48 am

Post subject: just some proposals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:45 pm 

new skills:
Tank(WoS, 2CP): each time your get hurt, chance((500/(max Life)/damage)+luck)%) to all other hero restore 1 point of life and mana.(conflict with Weak)

Acrane Swiftness(WoM, 2CP): chance((power+luck)%) the casting spell does not end you turn.(conflict with NoMagic)

Healer(WoM, 4CP): all your heal spells (EasePain, Heal and so on) could be cast on an other hero, all your heal other spell (heal others, heal poison of other and so on..) is cast on all heroes in sight. must be a white magician.

SongMastery(WoM, 4CP): all other hero is able to hear your buff songs. must be a bard.

Harvester(WoA, 1CP): +3 attack and damage against plants. 20% chance get fruit from a slain plant.
(fruit is hard to get in the laby! conflict with Hunter, GhostHunter and so on..)

balance:
1.AlternateTimeline(lv15 Time magic) resets the exp gain for the floor level. after sucess casting the spell, the heroes go up or down a level and retun, they get another exp. this may be a bug, and without the extra exp, it is a powerful spell already.

2.attribute point limit. recently, hero's attribute point can't go over their max mount, even with most potion/skill/buff/equipments (except Sturdy and DragonShape). this makes the buffs from potion/skill/buff/equipments useless in the later game. i suggest the attribute point be able to go over their max mouht by buffs but limited by the hero's basic attribute point. in lower than 150% of basic value 1 buff point increase 1 real point, in 150% to 200% value, it needs 2 buff point to increase 1 real point, and 1 more point to increase 1 real point when this is going up by 50% basic point.
for example, a hero with 10 strength:
first he has a +2 and +3 str equipment, in the boundry of 0% to 150% strength, it needs 1 buff str for 1 str, so the str become 15.
and then he drinks a str potion, which gives him 6 buff str, but in this boundry, it needs 2 buff to increase 1 point, so the str become 18.
increasing attribute point become harder and harder in greater value, but a hero with high basic attribute get more benefit from buffs.
to balance the debuffs, it should seperate from buff and 1 debuff point always minus attrib point.

3.Conjur Magic Sword (Worlock spell lv2) should be rework. it is only for swordman, not for hammerer and spearer. they need a new spell.
Conjur Magic Weapon (Worlock spell lv2): creates a random weapon and equips with it. creats a selected type weapon instead each weaponfight skill you have.
or maybe one spell each weapon type?

Last edited by kotnredwolf on Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: just some proposals
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:56 pm 

balance:
1. That is surely an exploit -> bug. Especially if the spell casting limits are reset too.
2. Yes, making equipment more useful will also make those very popular equipment restricting flaws more hurtful.
3. Yes, that was already on the to-do list. :) Biggest thing here is getting suitable images for the new conjured weapons. (We have no artist in our team.)

Will comment on the skills after some more musing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:49 am 

Grunz wrote:
balance:
1. That is surely an exploit -> bug. Especially if the spell casting limits are reset too.

exactly, the spell doesn't reset casting limits, and i found it hard to success in the second casting.
i suggest this spell should be limit too. because it give us a total new level for monsters(lore), item(money), and other benefits by not entering a harder level.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:52 am 
Site Admin

Really good ideas.
I guess we can implement most of those.
We have to do some more brainstroming.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:27 am 

again.
balance
4. Extend(lv11 HighMagic) is too powerful. with this spell, a caster only need 10 mana(Acrane Power + Spellweaving + 20 spell power + lv14 HighMagic) to completely refresh all buffs' duration. Short Magic(2CP Flaw,blocks other magic flaws) is ignored.i suggest the extend turns should be equally divided to all buff on the hero.
for example, Arcane Power + Spellweaving*8 + 16 power gives 200 extend duration:
when the hero has only 1 buff, this buff duration is extended by 200 turns.
when the hero has 5 buffs, all buffs' duration is extended by 40 turns.
this force the hero to choose which buffs is the key that he should keep, and which he should dispel (by right click) after use.

5. God of War/Death(both 2CP WoG) is too powerful maybe. when the team contribute all the monsters for only 1 hero to kill. with this skill the hero needn't spent even 1 exp on life/mana but get them max. what's more, this skill doesn't be switched by the lv15 basic magic, this means only 1 of the skill is able to max both life and mana by only 1 lv15 basic magic scroll! suggest them to be switched, or the skill lower the max mana/life(the opposite one!) by 50, or even half them.

6.Paladin(2CP WoG), regeneration is too few, but i don't know how to balance it.

7.Free Spell(4CP WoM), is too cheap for a caster to choose 15 any schools of spells. maybe it should be at least 6CP or to learn spells of hero circle -2? or maybe i'm just too stern to it?

detail
1. Fast Attack(2CP WoS) skill garbled in English language.

2. Gods and Godness(all 2CP WoG) skill detail use "max life/mana" instead of just "life/mana", more clear to player.

3. shapes also modify movements, but there is no detail in the game now.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:56 am 

Quote:
6.Paladin(2CP WoG), regeneration is too few, but i don't know how to balance it.

The regeneration was something that was actually added as a bonus later on. Before you only got +2 damage and hit along with +50% chance to find gold.

Quote:
7.Free Spell(4CP WoM), is too cheap for a caster to choose 15 any schools of spells. maybe it should be at least 6CP or to learn spells of hero circle -2? or maybe i'm just too stern to it?

The Free Spell skill is indeed very powerful. It does however cost 4 CP which is quite a lot. If it costed 6 CP I doubt any players would still take it. (6 BP = 3 different spell schools or all 4 elemental schools)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 am 

Zefz wrote:
The Free Spell skill is indeed very powerful. It does however cost 4 CP which is quite a lot. If it costed 6 CP I doubt any players would still take it. (6 BP = 3 different spell schools or all 4 elemental schools)

3 schools doesn't give you 45 useful spells, and do not cover all the hero's need in many times, but Free Spell + Scroll Lore usually do.
if you think 4CP is enough, i suggest to buff the specific schools like:
Sommoner: summoned creature inherit skills
White Magician: advance heal
and so on...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:54 pm 

Yes, I've previously been thinking about giving spell schools a special advantage.

Code:
Fire Magic: 25% fire resistance
Water Magic: 25% cold resistance
Air Magic: 25% lightning resistance
Witchcraft: All potions also recharge 1-3 mana
High Magic: Monsters have 50% less magic resistance
Druid Magic: 25% poison resistance
etc.

It's hard to come up with good ones for all though (and something that doesn't replace an existing spell)

OfflineProfile