It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:27 am 

I downloaded the 32 version for windows to my labtOp at a friends house and also want to play it on my desktOp computer. So when I got home I zipped it and burnt to cd all the files are there and I unzipped it onto my desktop computer but it when I run it the command prompt shows up and then the screen goes black for a few seconds and it automatically closes and it does this everytime I try to play,,,, plz help!!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:48 pm 
Site Admin

Make sure you have directx installed on that machine as well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:30 pm 

i have direct x9 installed lol it says on the command prompt that opens up with it that the graphics pack ssdl or something doesnt work? i dont realy no much about computers can u plz explainalso what i have 2 to 2play :) great job on the game by the way so addicting!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:59 pm 

says cannot load graphic pac. ex and cannot load the other stuff too, just displays a list of thing it cannot load or access??

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 am 

Did you unpack the zip? If you simply open it, the laby can't find it's files. Windows allows you to open a zip a if it were a normal directory. But it is not. You have to unpack it so it's a normal folder and start the laby.exe from inside that folder. A link won't work either unless you set it's execution path to the directory with the data in it.
Also possible something went wrong when you zipped it. Laby does come as a zip file anyway. Try to copy the original zip onto your other computer and unpack that one.
Next question would be: As laby does not find the graphics.pak, does it exist in the folder where you unpacked? Do you have the sub-folder with the monsters?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:15 pm 

what does unpack mean? hah sry im a noob, i tryed unzipping it and just putting it like that on the cd, also tryed putting the zip on and yes all the stuff is there as far as i no, havent edited it or even touched anything else but the exe... yes th graphics.pak is there and all the subs.. im not sure but ill try and take a snapshot of what command promt is showing if that would help?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 pm 

Unpack and unzip is the same thing. The zip you get from here is lostlabyrinth_4.8.2.zip . If you double-click on that one you should find a folder named laby_win_4.8.2 inside. If you open that and try to start the laby.exe you find there, then it can't work because all files are still inside the zip. That's what I meant. So you have to take the laby_win_4.8.2 folder out and put it where you want. Starting laby.exe from inside this extracted folder should work.
Not working: moving/copying the laby.exe out of this folder.

OfflineProfile