It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:19 am

Post subject: Re: Bugs in 4.9.0 (Extended Version)
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:53 pm 

Whoa, yes, both of that should not have happened. :oops:
Fixed the broken keyboard layout.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:39 am 

Here a couple of bugs, mainly related to magic, that I found in version 4.9.0 (while using the free version though)

[no sure everything is a bug, but things that looked strange to me at least]

* The "Summon Satyr" spell does not work

* When you find a scroll, you normally don't know what it is (except if Scroll Lore). However if you sell one scroll to a trader, and buy it back (it is now identified), and keep it in your inventory, you directly know what are the next ones you find.

* There is a problem with the money kept by summoned creatures. If the creature drops its moneybag, it becomes filled with a HUGE amount of money. Same thing if the creature is robbed but does not have any money. (Annoying because it has then a very high encumbrance due to the moneybag weight, so you can't just ignore it ^^).

* "Regeneration" spell appears to never end (negative and fixed number of remaining turns).

* If starting with magic / poison weakness, then it is not possible to improve these resistances (e.g. by eating mushrooms, etc.)

* Magically generated armor is sellable.

* When a summoned creature dies, and a new one is summoned it keeps some characteristics from the old one (e.g. poisoned, etc.)

* If a trap was not detected by a first a casting of the "Show Traps" spell, then subsequent casting of the spell won't reveal it either (meaning the spell have effectively a 0% chance to reveal traps after its first use, when casted several times in the same area).

* I also think that the skill that's supposed to automatically disarm detected traps does not work with the "Show Trap" spell.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:25 am 

Thanks for taking the time to write your bug report. (Too few people bother to do. We don't have a QA department after all.)

* The "Summon Satyr" spell does not work
fixed now

* When you find a scroll, you normally don't know what it is (except if Scroll Lore). However if you sell one scroll to a trader, and buy it back (it is now identified), and keep it in your inventory, you directly know what are the next ones you find.
fixed now

* There is a problem with the money kept by summoned creatures. If the creature drops its moneybag, it becomes filled with a HUGE amount of money. Same thing if the creature is robbed but does not have any money. (Annoying because it has then a very high encumbrance due to the moneybag weight, so you can't just ignore it ^^).
Exploitable bug - awful :shock: I fixed the underflow error causing negative gold amounts. Normal gold drops should have worked already though.. can't see what's wrong there.

* "Regeneration" spell appears to never end (negative and fixed number of remaining turns).
fixed now

* If starting with magic / poison weakness, then it is not possible to improve these resistances (e.g. by eating mushrooms, etc.)
This is working as intended. We don't want flaws to be negated in that way. Protective armour and spells still work. We should mention this in the skill description though I guess.

* Magically generated armor is sellable.
I thought this had been fixed some version ago. Well it is surely gone in development version.

* When a summoned creature dies, and a new one is summoned it keeps some characteristics from the old one (e.g. poisoned, etc.)
fixed now

* If a trap was not detected by a first a casting of the "Show Traps" spell, then subsequent casting of the spell won't reveal it either (meaning the spell have effectively a 0% chance to reveal traps after its first use, when casted several times in the same area).
This is working as intended. The spell was nerfed to simply reveal all traps with up to 80% detection difficulty. Else it'd be too powerful compared to the costs of non-magic trap detection

* I also think that the skill that's supposed to automatically disarm detected traps does not work with the "Show Trap" spell.
No, it does work. The "trap lore" skill disarms any detected trap you step on. It just does not work remotely. So it does not matter how the trap was detected. With mundane detection methods one simply is right next to the trap anyway.

A new release is overdue, but we can't do that until Markus is available.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:14 pm 

I just wanted to post to say that I am eagerly awaiting next release and will go on another bug-hunting spree at that time. This is an excellent game (an accessible rogue-like without a ton of typed commands!) that deserves a lot more support than it gets.

EDIT: Not sure if the following is a bug or intended, but while using the Sturdy trait (+2 LP per Strength), equipment that grants Strength doesn't grant LP to go with it.

I also continue to get crashes relating to weapons with special abilities, mostly aura of fire/cold.

EDIT 2: Amulet of Duality appears to not work - it grants Doppleganger status instead of the expected Illusion status, and I don't appear to have an appreciable increase in dodge rate.

And here's a picture of the error I constantly get: http://i.imgur.com/xs0WOYZ.jpg

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 am 
Site Admin

I finally had time to at least read the new posts.
Crazy how many bugs have still still been out there.

The new version is running really smooth now. In my last testgame I found some showstoppers but they are fixed now.

So hopefully I will find the time to make a new release soon.
Its really really overdue and I apologize for this.
My new job just keeps me busy :(

OfflineProfile