It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:27 pm

Post subject: binaryman's Journal (and other stuff)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:26 am 

I last played version 4.013c, and I am coming back to see if I can beat 5.2. My previous power build was this:

Constitution - extra life
Arcane Power - more spell power from casting it to mastery
Leylines Contact - start each level with mana refreshed
Magic Training - access level 3 spells at the start
Spell Power - more powerful spells
Mana - more starting and mana gain
Sorcery - no spell failures
Elder Magic - cheaper spells
Enchanter - better enchantments; cast all at once
Unbound Magic - access all types
Udjat Eye - quicker gains (3 extra levels)

Negatives: Poverty, Magic weakness, Forsaken, Outcast, Illiterate, No Basic Magic

My strategy is based on avoiding what keeps killing me: bad luck hehe. So, my build was based around being able to guarantee certain things like food and water spells (in case I don't find provisions in the dungeon), recharging magic (in case I can't get to or don't find the nexus), and making sure I had the levels to get certain spells before going too deep (Udjat Eye).

Some of these have changed now so I am learning again. Enchanter, Unbound Magic, Udjat Eye no longer exist as such. However, Experienced may do what Udjat Eye used to do (better since you get it immediately?). Unbound Magic I think is now called Free Magic. I like to combine magic apple and refresh in my low slots. Also looks like spells that hit all the monsters on a level cost an item now, so no more spamming Armageddon :mrgreen:

I see other (new?) things like abilities for a Leader that work only with multiple players. I have not tried 2+ players nor permadeath option, so I am not sure how it works yet. It looks like there are some new perks so there is more to try. I do love all of the combinations you can put together here and I think fighter-type builds are more viable now (perhaps with certain other abilities).

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: binaryman's Journal (and other stuff)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:25 am 

I am starting to remember some combos. So much fun! Trying out all sorts of combinations...

Leylines Contact + Acolyte = 3 mana recharges/level, 1 being any time (like during an emergency where you can't get out). More mana/level also means you can kill all of the things, in case you have a God power that triggers (like Death God = even more mana!)

Experienced + Magic Training + Free Magic = whatever spells you want up to the 7th level. It's kind of my personal favorite because it gives a great deal of control over the first stages when you are weak to start. It works well with also Elementary Magic, or really any schools you add.

It looks like Sorcery works on Free Magic spells provided you choose other schools (is that a bug?). I forgot, but it gave me 21 crysolits which is really important when max mana is low at the start.

I didn't remember Magic Apple giving some Water as well as Nutrition, so I guess the need for Refresh is less now. I still like to have both if I can, but I guess I wouldn't spent 2 points on Water Magic just to have it.

I had Cartography + Earth Sense + Monster Sense, but what is odd is the map doesn't work in that case. I guess that is a bug? I prefer the map since I can see zoomed out, but I like to plan ahead so Cartography is good. I get a strong light spell immediately so it's less of an issue to see the monsters.

Arcane Writings + Scroll Lore looks somewhat attractive, but it's pricey and random which spells you get. Perhaps if it let you learn 1 spell/level (as you get 1 scroll/level), but since you can only get 1 spell per circle from this, it's going to be rather limiting.

I have a theory why fighter builds can't win the game, and I do see most of the top spots are magic-enabled, although curiously the most frequently chosen flaw is "No Magic". It is because of the instant death or other nasty effects that you can no longer safely engage in melee at higher levels. Statistically speaking, even if you are 95% safe (luck?) it only takes one time to lose. I think you cannot be 100% safe unless you can teleport around or magic kill at a distance.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:44 pm 
Site Admin

I see you played around a lot with the game :D

The only reason why "no magic" is the most taken flaw is that new palyers close to always start with the fighter template. Fighters are a lot easier at first but mages get a lot more powerful in the long run.
So most players that get very far are powerful spellcasters.
But to get used to the game a fighter is the better choice.

The combination of the "sense" skills has to be checked again for next release.

Experienced replaced the udjat eye, that is correct. Because it sucks when a thief can steal a skill you paid for. We want all skills to have a permanent effect on the game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:14 pm 

Quote:
I had Cartography + Earth Sense + Monster Sense, but what is odd is the map doesn't work in that case. I guess that is a bug?

No bug. You need to have some light level to be able to look at the map, cartography or not.
Earth/monster sense only reveal all walls/monsters on the screen. This is useful, but pales in comparison to the true light spell.
That's why I beefed them up for the next release with providing immunity to petrification / deathgaze respectively.

We put in some work to tilt the power balance away from magic users, those are still the most powerful I think. Archers tend to get deeper than the average fighter but winning the game is something else still.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:07 am 

I will retest the combination, but I believe I was not getting the "not enough light" message since I did cast a light spell anyway to see. I use cartographer, maybe a crutch, even though some spells like the star magic one sees the whole map, BUT it doesn't persist in the auto-map I believe, so the problem I have is remembering what the spell told me. The cartographer, on the other hand, lets me keep checking the map. Shouldn't the spells map data persist in the auto-map as well? Like if I knew the monster locations through a spell, I wish that was saved for me so I could find the right path.

How does level affect the map size? I notice they get bigger and bigger as you go.

My current build has after testing things become this:

Constitution; Arcane Power (critical); Leylines Contact (critical); Magic Training; Mana; Sorcery; Elder Magic (critical); Illusion Magic; Air Magic (critical); Druid Magic; Spell Songs; Free Magic (critical); First Aid; Cartography; Experienced; Wisdom (critical); Mystic Attack

My natural power at this moment is only 1, yet the circle 15 spells are at 19 power (I have blessing of the stars for +3 to everything). Apparently it can go above 15 after all, even without the skill that allows +5 maximum power? The Arcane Power is absolutely critical I guess to go over 15.

Now, I don't know what the HP of the stronger monsters is, but I encountered a centipede not that deep with 150+ health I think. I started to think, I cannot sit and trade shots with them; the Air domain gives the highest damage spell which is Disintegration, maybe at Power 30 or something it can 1-2 shots kill them, but then I thought with really large levels you are racing to the exit before you get overwhelmed. Instead you need to clear a path with Blow Away or something, you don't even care to kill them anymore just get them out of the way. So I use Vanish to jump closer to exit (on huge maps) even though it is a risk of Monster at the end point, then Portal x2 to open up some walls, and Blow Away (unknown if they can resist I haven't used a lot) to clear a path to exit. Step on exit so it can't be blocked by spawns and if needed use Laylines or Extend all enchantments. White Protection (so I focus on maxing Mana), Song of Loneliness (no Ambush surprises), and strongest Light spell and Invisibility.

I suspect Xuande was using Illusion magic to Vanish, and Time magic to Teleport (and other things it does). The challenge with large level really is you have to take many shots to kill each monster, as you do this monsters spawn so it is a losing battle. It becomes impossible to walk the level safely after while, so these relocation magics are unfortunately the only strategy I think that works. I think the Cloud of Death will not clear monsters deep down, even at very high power, similarly even Pestilence is not going to clear the enemies if their HP is high enough. I don't know the equation for the Mystic Attack vs. the dungeon level, but since it scales I suspect it can eventually surpass spells? With Regeneration it becomes free and it has range and can be used even with Pacifist. It is a matter of finding strongest damage when you get really deep.

This is why a Fighter type really cannot win, although I know you would like it to be possible. You just cannot do enough damage to offset the monster spawn rate. The only valid strategy for level 100+ I think is to teleport/vanish and hope you get closer to the exit so you only deal with few monsters. I suspect spawn occurs every turn, or does it occur with % chance every turn?

I do not know if this means spawning is making it too hard, or we should just spawn 50-100% more monsters initially and not continue spawning? In other words static challenge (still harder as we go deeper). I think some people want to grind the monsters for loot, but this only makes sense on the lower levels.

What do you think about this? I am not sure if only the certain Magic strategy can win, but I suspect it is so. I don't know at what level strongest monster appears, or what the highest HP/average HP of monsters are, but only specific skills allow you to get to Power level that can deal with it.

Also side note: I am a software tester in real life, so I am working hard to break the game for you :D
I program also but only Windows and I know you do cross-platform, so my solution doesn't work for you (to fix some mouse glitch in window mode). I do want this game to get a lot of exposure, so I am trying to have some YouTube "let's play" folks create some gameplay videos - since you only have 1 video found (!) when I searched. You could look at Steam or other platform to distribute this game. Maybe you are not ready yet, bit I want as many people to discover this game as possible!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:52 am 

I did buy extended version just now :mrgreen:
One thing I did not know is, which monsters and other things are in extended version (I know the skills, they were listed before, but other things I do not know).

You deserve it, for putting forth the effort. I am glad you are still actively developing it. I was afraid you might have abandoned it since I had last played it actively some months ago, but was not the case luckily.

I hear you have some new versions coming with new features? Maybe you will also go mobile? I look forward to seeing the development, and I appreciate your engagement to the community for ideas and balance/fixes.

Also to joke: for serious players it is NOT a coffeebreak roguelike haha! I am playing hours of it at a time because it's quite addicting.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:31 am 

Quote:
I did buy extended version just now
Thank you very much for your support. 8-)
Quote:
I use cartographer, maybe a crutch, even though some spells like the star magic one sees the whole map, BUT it doesn't persist in the auto-map I believe, so the problem I have is remembering what the spell told me
This had been the case indeed, but I have changed that. Now "star sight" spell does mark all tiles as seen. (Not the monsters though, because that'd be more complicated to do - and possibly confusing for players because I have no intention of showing monsters on the map that did not spawn yet when the spell was cast.) One more example, where a spell replaces an ability that costs precious CP - just like "featherfall" and climbing. Though everybody has access to it via items - if they have them at least.
Quote:
How does level affect the map size? I notice they get bigger and bigger as you go.
Map size is (10+Level)x(10+Level). So area does go up quadratic.
Quote:
I hear you have some new versions coming with new features? Maybe you will also go mobile?
Johan has started with the rewrite using C++ and SDL 2. This one would work under Android too. It will use 64x64 tiles even though we don't HAVE any if those yet - only the "negative effects.png". It is at a "tech demo" state, so lacks substance still of course. Mostly because I did not get up my arse and work on it. :roll:
Though I DID fix these crash bugs.
Quote:
My natural power at this moment is only 1, yet the circle 15 spells are at 19 power (I have blessing of the stars for +3 to everything). Apparently it can go above 15 after all, even without the skill that allows +5 maximum power? The Arcane Power is absolutely critical I guess to go over 15.
Yes, the possibility to go over your natural maximum power is what makes arcane power so great. Adding 1-15 it averages on 7.5 extra power, that's why it might be too cheap even at 4 CP. "Spell power" skill gives +5 to all, but you also have to invest points first. Though you can have both of course getting maximum power 21 to 35. The third skill allowing to go beyond 15 is blood magic.
Quote:
Now, I don't know what the HP of the stronger monsters is, but I encountered a centipede not that deep with 150+ health I think. I started to think, I cannot sit and trade shots with them; the Air domain gives the highest damage spell which is Disintegration, maybe at Power 30 or something it can 1-2 shots kill them
You don't have to grind down hit points to kill. Just use "vacuum","eternal winter" or "banish animal" - depending on availability - to one-shot kill them.
Quote:
I suspect Xuande was using Illusion magic to Vanish, and Time magic to Teleport
She explained her method in some detail here. Note though, that I indeed nerfed all her most important spells and skills since then. So it should not work quite like that any more. But you don't have to deal with the broken levels.
Quote:
I don't know the equation for the Mystic Attack vs. the dungeon level, but since it scales I suspect it can eventually surpass spells? With Regeneration it becomes free and it has range and can be used even with Pacifist. It is a matter of finding strongest damage when you get really deep.
Formula is: 3 + Level/3 + Rand(Level*2)/3) - Which is pretty awesome but not stronger than disintegration. Still pretty neat with free damage scaling and cheap health instead of mana. Plus a way to deal with magic resistant monsters without using the "penetration" spell. I might reduce mystic's damage at some point. But maybe only if somebody actually survives 5.2. Xuande and Superblondi played 5.0.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:32 pm 

Quote:
"I have no intention of showing monsters on the map that did not spawn yet when the spell was cast"

Now I understand why when I was testing Vampire and other builds that could farm gold on level 1 (humanoid spawns -> eat them to avoid starvation), that after some time the monsters stopped spawning completely. I assume this means a tile can have at most 1 monster (either pre-spawns or comes in random chance/location as turns pass), and only so many monsters per level.

However, Star Sight is extremely expensive way to do it for each level. I am planning my path based on the walls and the exit - I don't remember if show Nexus or similar spells also show the exit. Obviously, 2 CP for Spelunking to see the exit only isn't going to beat out Cartography. I do wonder though, if Monster Sense could do something regarding saving monsters to map? It lets you see monsters out of sight range, but you are limited to 5 tiles you can see with True Light anyway. Perhaps the Monster Sense can "see" further out by saving to map itself.

Quote:
"Map size is (10+Level)x(10+Level). So area does go up quadratic."

Ah, level 150 would be a 160x160 grid, crazy. Even with speed 50 buff and Ethereal, which was something I was going for, teleporting over there would be quite hard. Although, Quickened Vanish you are rolling the dice but could get you much closer. It would get hard!

Quote:
"The third skill allowing to go beyond 15 is blood magic."

Hmm. Well Blessing of the Stars (or other buff to Power) I don't know if will go over the natural maximum, if it did you could get a bit higher. I am not aware of blood magic effect, is it similar to the combat one when injured X% of max health, it gives a multiplier? How high can that go?

Quote:
"You don't have to grind down hit points to kill. Just use "vacuum","eternal winter" or "banish animal" - depending on availability - to one-shot kill them."

Yeah I think at level 100+ it would be very hard to direct damage them to death. Temporal Rift is what I am using with that, although you need to use Penetration on magic-resistant monsters. I am not really sure how success on magic resist or Dispel is applied, well Dispel is automatic 50% I guess. Fork is good for regular enemies, if there are more than one together.

Quote:
"Formula is: 3 + Level/3 + Rand(Level*2)/3) - Which is pretty awesome but not stronger than disintegration. Still pretty neat with free damage scaling and cheap health instead of mana. Plus a way to deal with magic resistant monsters without using the "penetration" spell"

So the average is going to be about 2/3 * Level. LV100 = approximately 33 to 100 damage, ave. 66. I am not sure how monster's HP scales as you go deeper, but I am using the Monster Lore skill a lot to learn about this and monster abilities. Since Looking is a free action, it's quite helpful in my understanding of monster progressions; they seem to have a level that is randomized, the effect on HP and other things depends on the type though. I did not know Mystic Attack ignores resist, and I assume it ignores physical as well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:13 pm 

Quote:
I did not know Mystic Attack ignores resist, and I assume it ignores physical as well.
Mystic does use the "banish resistance", this is also used against banish type spells like "banish undead". And yes, physical armour and magic resistance are ignored.
Quote:
I do wonder though, if Monster Sense could do something regarding saving monsters to map? It lets you see monsters out of sight range, but you are limited to 5 tiles you can see with True Light anyway. Perhaps the Monster Sense can "see" further out by saving to map itself.
Yes, that is an idea, though I probably would have to add a button to show/hide the monsters too, as they can obstruct important tiles like exit/nexus in the map view.
Code:
  scale = PlayerGetMaxLife(*Player) / 2
  If *Player\SkillsKnown[#SKILL_BLUTMAGIE] And
     (Not item_spell) And
     *Player\lifepoints <= scale
    actual_power = actual_power + 1 + ((scale - *Player\lifepoints) * 10 ) / scale
  EndIf
Goes up to 10 additive. 11 even, if you have 0 HP :P So if can be twice a much as with "magic power" skill, but with a risk. One probably would want invulnerability spell running I guess. I have to admit I did only test functionality with it, not power and balance. Power boni from items/spells do not allow you to go over your natural cap.
Quote:
Now I understand why when I was testing Vampire and other builds that could farm gold on level 1
Only the monsters generated at level entry should be farmable. Ambush monsters and other late spawns are supposed to never drop anything. If they do, it is a bug.
Quote:
Ah, level 150 would be a 160x160 grid, crazy.
Yes, this is meant to be some incentive to try collecting the staff pieces instead of simply storming down to 150. If you have to go finding the sanctum and the nexus, you might as well check out the rooms and collect the staff. That way you don't have the bother with deathgaze monsters for example. We have one appearing after level 45 right now and "stoners" at 15, but I have moved both stone and death gaze monsters to deeper levels for the next release.
Quote:
I am not really sure how success on magic resist or Dispel is applied, well Dispel is automatic 50% I guess.
Yes, exactly. Magic resistance is simply reducing damage done by spells, so a monster with 50% to both fire and magic would get only a quarter of the full damage. With "do or don't" spells like vacuum, it will in fact work as a chance to resist the spell completely.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:25 am 

I am glad we are discussing game mechanics in this thread, there is a lot to talk about. If I know the mechanic, then I can find any imbalances that make the game too easy. Since there are so many spell effects, there are many combinations players have not tried yet. I run with many spell schools + Free Magic and experiment with the best spells together as I learn them.

Quote:
Mystic does use the "banish resistance", this is also used against banish type spells like "banish undead". And yes, physical armour and magic resistance are ignored.

Thanks for explaining. That is a good thing in the arsenal, against magic-resist. The 1 CP Monster Lore is actually really useful, I use it to see HP% remaining quickly, but also I can check out resistances. Since you know the formula max HP of monsters on a given level, what I thought is at some point it can be that this ability can kill any monster in 1 hit (that doesn't resist)? In other words if it grows damage faster than monsters increase HP, then it could be too powerful.

Quote:
Goes up to 10 additive. 11 even, if you have 0 HP :P So if can be twice a much as with "magic power" skill, but with a risk. One probably would want invulnerability spell running I guess. I have to admit I did only test functionality with it, not power and balance. Power boni from items/spells do not allow you to go over your natural cap.

So Blessing of Stars would cap at 15 or 20 depending on Power max. It means with the Arcane Power you can get 35 + 10 = 45 and that is the highest possible in game. Well I was thinking, 43 power the Cloud of Death = 129 HP all creatures die on level? This may not work deeper down as I suspect they have > 130 HP on average; I think can use Pestilence or Armageddon to hit all monster THEN use this though, it is based on current and not max HP? When it says "uses item", I assume a torch or something isn't working, but it needs to be worth like 200+ gold? I don't pick up many items.

I don't use Invulnerability since it is only physical damage, instead I use Invisible + White Protection, although sometimes 1-3 damage leaks through that, so I am not sure all types it helps, or if Invisible is 80% dodge physical or also includes certain spells or abilities thrown by monsters? I have not seen enough magic thrown at me to confirm how it works but having Magic Ward to get 100% magic resist I think is essential later on. I did stop taking the flaw -100% magic resist, as it is deadly. I don't know if magic resist works on Petrify or Gaze of Death type of attack, if it's not a magical attack but an ability. The Petrify Protect spell may be important if there is no other way to resist. The Gaze of Death perhaps there is no way to 100% resist? My solution is to Genocide anything that has the ability! But, I am not sure how many monsters do have it or if this works on them...

Quote:
Only the monsters generated at level entry should be farmable. Ambush monsters and other late spawns are supposed to never drop anything. If they do, it is a bug.

I can say that there were no drops on the spawned monsters, which is why my Vampire/Cannibal did starve haha. Now I know why. In fact, the only way to "farm a level" I can think of is to use the Alternate Timeline spell to re-generate the level, so there are more drops without going deeper. I have not tested the theory, but since it has no casting limit, and the new level should have a new nexus (and laylines regenerate?), theoretically you can keep playing the same level to say power up on God of War/Death and get more gold (for me, I use Outcast so gold or items not as useful). If that does work, I think it runs counter to your intentions of having to keep going into the dungeon with limited resources. Even if Nexus doesn't keep working, remember you can make one, or use Dark Mana on the new skeletons to restore Mana. We must be careful of any "infinite mana" situation.

Quote:
Yes, this is meant to be some incentive to try collecting the staff pieces instead of simply storming down to 150. If you have to go finding the sanctum and the nexus, you might as well check out the rooms and collect the staff. That way you don't have the bother with deathgaze monsters for example. We have one appearing after level 45 right now and "stoners" at 15, but I have moved both stone and death gaze monsters to deeper levels for the next release.

I agree that 40+ is the place for instant-death type of monster to start appearing. How can you resist 100% either ability? I think for Stone only the Earth spell of protection, for Death Gaze no way? Favored One is 50%, but this doesn't feel so safe to risk it. I do wonder Reincarnation can save you from the Death Gaze (but not Stone), so that you can go back in Time one turn? Otherwise, you die before you can use the spell to go back one turn. That may be the only "protection" from it, but I didn't test it.

Well, I am using Laylines and Forsaken, so I am trying to find the exit only with my mage build quickly, and less looking for the Nexus since it could be very far from the exit. This is because to explore larger level, all hidden monsters will appear and becomes very difficult. I did assume it was infinite, but it sounds like there are finite number of hidden monsters to appear, you just need enough mana (with 3x nexus recharge) to get them all?

Quote:
Magic resistance is simply reducing damage done by spells, so a monster with 50% to both fire and magic would get only a quarter of the full damage. With "do or don't" spells like vacuum, it will in fact work as a chance to resist the spell completely.
[/quote]

Does the "Penetration" meta-magic bypass the magic resist completely, even 100%? Temporal Rift appears the cheapest "save or die" kind of spell, I use elder magic so cost=1, and penetration cost=2. Fork=1, so 3 mana can take 1 monster (any), and 4 mana can take 2 monsters (any) if they are both in sight.

Other questions (I know so many, but complex game! Not all spells are explained the full effect; I could not find "docuwiki" or other source of information but maybe we should create it for extended info?):

- Xuande mention Feather Fall as important spell -- lets you use pit as shortcut, where you can normally not except for Climb skill? It has no Duration, so you could not cast it to anticipate a pit trap, you would need to Fly instead?
- Trap damage I do absorb with White Protection so no problem (yet), however the danger is ending the turn in front of dangerous monsters (like Death Gaze). You mentioned Missile Ward. In what case does encountering a trap not end the turn? Even 0 damage, it does end turn. Only detection + auto-disarm does it prevent this? It means if I have a high Speed, and become Ethereal, I tend to walk inside walls so I don't risk a trap wasting my spell before I have moved. Is Trap Alert the best spell for detection, and are there traps that are so hard it's not possible to 100% detect?
- Which damage does White Protection not absorb? As I mentioned some small (1-3) damage does get through. Also, sometimes it takes no Mana to absorb small damage (but I think it should take at least 1 per event that isn't 0 and not damage\5).
- Hymn of Death - what is the effect? Is it all monsters in level or visible only? What is the chance? Can a monster resist this?
- Genocide - which monster can or cannot be affected? I would think all standard types but not like a Red Deagon or other rares.
- Neutralize Poison - only poison fields, or can you remove poison from yourself? It is strange only White Magic has anti-venom type of spell.
- Reincarnation, does it work on all types of death? Also, Reincarnation + Reverse Time = 3 chances per level?
- Remove Traps, everything "on screen" (within 5 tiles or sight radius?)
- Unearth Treasure, this is L13 spell and expensive, so I assume it's not just a shovel replacement, but it actually "finds" a treasure in each spot? But, then it doesn't have a casting limit so that seems powerful?
- Chaos - any school or only those you know?
- Syphon - is it now 1/4 rounded down, reduction in costs right?
- Extend - I was seeing +12 turns on all active magics, can it be more? Is based on Power?
- Nexus - what item requirement do I need to make a new one?
- Sense Traps - this plus Trap Alert = 100% detection? What is the bonus of each?
- Open - it does open Silver chest and everything else except Gold, correct?
- Vanish - it is always a random tile that is not a wall/solid obstacle on the level?
- Invisibility - 80% dodge is only of physical + ranged attacks, and not magic or monster ability?
- Counter-spell - is this a 50% like Dispel, or it is 100% (always interrupts magic attack) ? Can this be used instead of 100% magic resist?
- Star Fairy - it moves through one wall, but not more than one wall at a time. Is this the intended behavior? (It is not like Ethereal which ignores all walls).
- Call of the Siren - unless monster "cannot be charmed", if you did this with meta magic penetration, would not all monsters in the level basically become "friendly" and let you pass through? It is a cheap spell with no item cost, this would make it very powerful.
- Heal Poison/Remove curses - only White magic, or there are other ways to deal with these? This is why Cursed is so bad, you need L8 magic Remove Curse (removes or reduces by Power turns? also cost a ton of Mana) but also True Light so it is a tough pick for the Free Magic.
- Cure Poison/Curse of Others - you cannot use on yourself if playing solo, right?
- White Magic (solo balance) - There are 3 flaws you cannot take with this (Poison Weakness, Cursed, Forsaken) which is more than any other school, I think some other schools have only 1 flaw you cannot take (High Magic/Star Magic have 1 that I know of, other than "No Magic" of course). But, in single player mode several of the high circle spells do not help you. So, I think most people will access it with Free Magic only to get more CP from those flaws.
- Chrono Shield - what chance?
- Haste - exclusive with Fast Attack, or you can do 3 attacks?
- Dimensional Swap - I notice you can swap anything in sight radius, but through walls also. Was this intended?
- Etherealness - 1* duration means it is always 1 turn and you cannot Extend, right?
- Time Snatch - what kind of items you can get? And, it does disappear after duration of spell?
- Anchor Teleport - this is like making a new pair of teleports that you see naturally in maps? It will link 1 to 1 or 1 to many?
- Time Stop - what is the effect? Why would I use instead of just Quicken a spell since it is only a single turn?
- Alternate Time-line - what gets reset, and what is not reset? I would assume Mana is not reset so that cost 30 has a meaning. You do move to the level entry point when you cast it?

OfflineProfile