It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:56 pm

Post subject: Bugs in 5.2.1
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:05 pm 

1. Casting the same shape shifting spell again before it ends does reduce your HP again.
fixed for next release - workaround: end the spell with right mouse button before re-casting.

2. Druid's "Insect Swarm" spell will likely crash the game if a monster gets killed by it.
fixed for next release.

3. Catching fish with the fishing rod does not work. If you catch something , the game will crash instead.
fixed for next release.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Bugs in 5.2.1
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:59 am 

Spelunker skill "you always see where the exit is" -- I do not see exit on the map, so I don't think this is working as expected.

Mapping spells: Sense Earth, Find Nexus, Find Sanctum -- all of these display the walls of the level, plus little additional information. In my testing, none of them save anything to the map, but it is desirable to do so. Star Sight does save to map as though you had seen it yourself, meaning wall/door/nexus/sanctum, exit, skeletons, corpse, water/trickle. Also, Star Sight lets you see existing monsters one time (note: they seem to be upside-down), but does not save that to the map. So, in a way it is a bug for the other spells that static level features they reveal aren't saved. Since based on this I think the problem is with you only being able to save full or nothing tile on the map, I would recommend to solve by only saving full tile in case on wall tiles (or other valid solid tile), and in case of nexus/sanctum tile as specific to the spell.

Feature not bug: As we discussed, monster layer that can be added as toggle feature so you can also see what it beneath in terrain. So Star Sight, or monster sense would give you this layer for existing monsters on whole map, while it also means local seen monster (by light) can be saved too.

Laylines: does not end certain spells, I noticed when I was using Chaos to play around. The low-level light spells (moonlight/starlight) and the Helpful Winds for example didn't end. I don't know if this is intended.

Sight + Light: when you transform, your sight is set at certain radius, regardless of light spell. For Bat this makes sense, they see with sonic not light. But for Cat/Wolf who has low-light vision type, the extra light spell should help their sight (I do like to use Wolf to read the map without a light spell though, it has no HP penalty).

Dimensional Swap: It allows Tunnel intrinsically, through walls. I don't know if that was intended.

Life Drain: I notice healing has 3x limit per level, there is a reason for it I am sure. However, Life Drain has no limit but it can be kind of an unlimited way to heal, high level mage 20-40 HP per use. Balance issue?

Magic Armor/Shield: should it have encumbrance penalty? It is sort of a field/intangible?

Life Bond + White Protection: should it damage the enemy for actual damage, or the potential damage which was blocked?

Fighter(balance): the Encumbrance penalty applied to the Attack is harsh. I understand the Dodge/Sneak/Casting penalty, but you almost need the Armor Mastery to make it worth using armor as a fighter; also magical equipment still has Encumbrances but it can be less depending. I just noticed with very high skills on a fighter, if I pick Veteran and put on the armor, it does hinder me a lot without Armor Mastery.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:39 pm 

Quote:
Spelunker skill "you always see where the exit is" -- I do not see exit on the map, so I don't think this is working as expected.
It only shows it on screen, similar to monster sense or treasure hunter.
Quote:
Mapping spells: Sense Earth, Find Nexus, Find Sanctum -- all of these display the walls of the level, plus little additional information. In my testing, none of them save anything to the map, but it is desirable to do so.
Yes it probably is, those spells are a lot cheaper though.
Quote:
Leylines: does not end certain spells, I noticed when I was using Chaos to play around
Ah yes ha ha, I know how this happens. Will have to meditate a bit about the best way to fix this.
Quote:
Sight + Light: when you transform, your sight is set at certain radius, regardless of light spell.
Yes, it's a bit illogical but for us, game balance has precedence over logic. Same as thieves not dropping the stolen items after you kill them.
Quote:
Dimensional Swap: It allows Tunnel intrinsically, through walls. I don't know if that was intended.
Yes, I did this because requiring two support spells seemed a bit excessive to me. Using it without a wall between you and the monster is a waste of a great teleportation spell after all.
Quote:
Life Drain: I notice healing has 3x limit per level, there is a reason for it I am sure. However, Life Drain has no limit but it can be kind of an unlimited way to heal, high level mage 20-40 HP per use. Balance issue?
Yes, quite possibly that is an issue.
Quote:
Magic Armor/Shield: should it have encumbrance penalty? It is sort of a field/intangible?
No, they are summoned items and supposed to work like other items do.
Quote:
Fighter(balance): the Encumbrance penalty applied to the Attack is harsh. I understand the Dodge/Sneak/Casting penalty, but you almost need the Armor Mastery to make it worth using armor as a fighter
Yes, I can't say I'm really happy with how things balance out. Armour mastery should of course not be useless, but it'd be so if the penalty is too weak. Still it should be possible to play a fighter using good armour an not the mastery. Maybe we need to switch to absolute attack rate reduction. That could be better or worse even though.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:59 am 

Quote:
(Spelunker)It only shows it on screen, similar to monster sense or treasure hunter.

I thought it might be that so I tested with some light can I "see around a corner" the exit, but I could not. So, it doesn't appear to work at all, if you meant you can see it within 5 tiles diagonal without line of sight.

Quote:
(Maps)Yes it probably is, those spells are a lot cheaper though

Find Nexus, Find Sanctum - is it possible to save only those tiles to the map and not the walls, so you know what general direction to head in? I think that is fair, for larger levels it's hard to remember it but I guess you can just cast it again.

Quote:
Fighter(balance)Yes, I can't say I'm really happy with how things balance out. Armour mastery should of course not be useless, but it'd be so if the penalty is too weak. Still it should be possible to play a fighter using good armour an not the mastery. Maybe we need to switch to absolute attack rate reduction. That could be better or worse even though.

In traditional RPG, the fighter type character could use armor unless it was really heavy type, then minor penalties occur. It was the mage who could not use them at all because of problems with casting. I had viewed Armor Mastery as allowing a caster to wear armor but still be able to cast spells, but it does affect the Thief abilities Sneak/Dodge as well. The Fighter was never very good with these since Armor is bulky and noisy. So I think, penalize all the things it does but not so much Attack, is fair for fighter, but other builds need to take Armor Mastery for their type of actions to work properly. The other thing to make it fair for Fighter who has generally high Strength, is to use Strength to counter Encumbrance to a degree, or maybe just for Attack.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:10 am 

I am not sure if "Break Curse of Others" is working on self. I started a level and got the Nameless Curse, so I used it on myself. It didn't go away so I tried again, and had special success. My Power was 17 for this spell, and I was on dungeon L18, in case that affects the possible duration of it.

You had said, the Poison/Curse for others spells should work on self; does it not work because I am Cursed (special case)?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:51 am 

Quote:
Life Bond + White Protection: should it damage the enemy for actual damage, or the potential damage which was blocked?
It DOES use the potential damage, so White Protection and such do not lessen Life Bond effect. This looks not right to me, so I changed it. In the future it will only bond actual damage. To compensate, it will then work with ranged attacks too.
Quote:
Spelunker: I thought it might be that so I tested with some light can I "see around a corner" the exit, but I could not. So, it doesn't appear to work at all
Indeed, it does not. I have fixed that. And also Akolyth, which should show the sanctum in a similar way.
Quote:
I am not sure if "Break Curse of Others" is working on self. I started a level and got the Nameless Curse, so I used it on myself. It didn't go away so I tried again, and had special success. My Power was 17 for this spell, and I was on dungeon L18
Well, the actual duration is randomised, but there should not be a lot of duration left after these spells. Anyway, the spell drops a message if it does not find a target under the cursor.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:49 am 

It did wear off a few turns later, I had assumed it reduced duration by Power turns, so with both castings (on special success) it would have been 17 x 3, and since double duration curses probably like 50-60 or so turns, perhaps it did work (unlike poison you cannot see the duration there).

I have stopped taking Cursed because it doesn't seem to pick from all curses, maybe it's just me but it's targeting Luck, Gold, Mana Burn, and Experience curses more than I would expect. It is among the worst flaw mainly because Remove Curse spells are so expensive I get one that basically gets me killed before I can get enough Mana to stop it, but also I have no idea how long it will last. Well, that is intended to be painful, I would not take it even for 3 CP based on my luck with it haha.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:46 pm 

Quote:
Cursed: maybe it's just me but it's targeting Luck, Gold, Mana Burn, and Experience curses more than I would expect.
I can assure you, the curses are selected totally at random. So you might as well get lucky and curses that are harmless for you. Nameless curse for example does not matter if runs out before you reach the exit anyway.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm 

Gekaufte "Axt der Schicksals" könnte nicht repariert werden, obwohl die benötige Menge Gold in der Tasche liegt. Fähigkeit, die Reparatur ermöglichst, ist natürlich gelernt und funktioniert bei der Rüstungsteilen und anderen Waffen einwandsfrei.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:05 pm 

Quote:
Gekaufte "Axt der Schicksals" könnte nicht repariert werden, obwohl die benötige Menge Gold in der Tasche liegt.
Kommt denn da eine Meldung? "Nicht genug Gold" oder so? Bei mir kann ich die Axt reparieren, genau wie die anderen Waffen. Auch nachdem ich sie mit einem Edelstein aufgepeppt habe. (Auch wenn das dann noch teurer ist)

OfflineProfile